1. INFORMATION ON COOKIES
With the entry into force of the modification of the “Information Society Services Law” (LSSICE) established in Royal Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to receive the express consent of the user of all websites that use non-essential cookies before the user browses through them.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies like local shared objects, flash cookies or pixels are tools used by web servers to store and recover information about their visitors, in addition to ensuring the site functions properly.
Through the use of these devices, the web server is able to remember certain data about the user, such as their preferences for the viewing of pages on that server, name and password, products they are most interested in, etc.
3. COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE REGULATIONS AND EXEMPT COOKIES
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent from the user are those for analytics, those of advertising and membership. Those of a technical nature, and those necessary for the operation of the website or presentation of services expressly requested by the user, are exempt.
4. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are five main cookie types:
- Analytical cookies: collect information on how the website is used.
- Social cookies: cookies necessary for external social media platforms.
- Affiliate tracking cookies: enable tracking of visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: collect information on users’ preferences and personal choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: strictly necessary for use of the website and to provide the contracted service.
5. COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
- PHPSESSID: technical, strictly necessary cookie that contains the login identifier. It is deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
- _lang: technical, strictly necessary cookie that contains the language of the session. It is deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
- ac_cookies: technical, strictly necessary cookie that contains the value of whether the user has accepted the installation of cookies. It expires one year from its last update.
- _utma: a Google Analytics cookie that records the date of the first and last time that the user visited the website. It expires two years from its last update.
- _utmb: a Google Analytics cookie that records the time of arrival at the website. It expires 30 minutes from its last update.
- _utmc: a Google Analytics cookie used to enable interoperability with the urchin.js tracking code. It is deleted as soon as the browser is closed.
- _utmt: a Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is used to process the type of request made by the user. It expires as soon as the user signs out.
- _utmv: aGoogle Analytics cookie. It is used to segment demographic data. It expires as soon as the user signs out.
- _utmz: a Google Analytics cookie that stores the source of traffic or a campaign to explain how the user arrived at the website. It expires 6 months from its last update.
6. DELETING COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER
Most common browsers feature configuration options and security functions that enable users to block the installation of cookies and/or other browsing data collection systems on their devices. Most browsers’ Help sections provide instructions on how to configure your browser so it does not accept cookies, to notify you every time it receives a new cookie and completely disable them.
You can configure your browser in the “Help” section for it to reject cookies, but this may block certain functions or limit access to some contents of our website. MATEOS LEGAL appreciates your acceptance of cookies, as this helps us gather more accurate information that enables us to improve the content and design of our website to better adapt it to your preferences.